What a thrill!! into the Soup got the exclusive radio scoop with these charming brothers, all the way from Girona, Spain. The translation made things a bit more challenging, but it’s a beautiful show…color me happy!!
What I wouldn’t have given to take a taste of this beauty! Although Joan Roca was just a little too busy to provide us with the complete recipe, he did mention a different approach to sous vide the vegetables instead of traditional blanch and shock. What you must notice here is the attention to detail which is just one of the many reasons they are who they are!
Photo courtesy of Debby Emblom Wolvos ~ Cheers, Debb!
This is just one of the many gorgeous libations presented by Master Sommelier, Josep Roca of El Cellar de Can Roca! He actually suggested a Riesling or Cava as our Whet when on the show, but I like this one better. Why? Well, his nickname is Pitu, which is synonomous with Pepe! So there!!!! Below is a lovely photo from Debby Emblom Wolvos of the wines served during just one of the dinners at Four Seasons Troon – Talavera! Whoa…
I met Dushyant a few days before we recorded with him at Artizen at The Camby! I don’t usually pre-meet my guests, but I’m so glad I did! We became instant friends and were doing some serious LMAO’ing at the bar! He is insightful, intelligent, hilarious and so engaging. Too bad he isn’t very attractive….NOT!!! Me, Emily and D were doubling over with laughter on this show! Enjoy…I LOVE MY JOB!!
I think Christina must have extended her PJ Party, too! Nah, she just works too hard! Let’s give this girl some love for always bringing it! Feel blessed to have you in my world little Miss WriteonRubee!!
“No luau or family gathering is complete without chicken long rice (made with noodles or “long rice”). It’s a homey side dish with the main ingredients being chicken, Chinese bean thread or glass noodles, chicken stock with plenty of ginger, and greens such as bok choy or green onions. I didn’t measure ingredients for my version, but any recipe for Chicken Long Rice can be turned into a soup by adding more broth.”
Chicken Long Rice Soup
Chicken broth or homemade stock (I used roasted duck stock)
Two cloves of garlic, smashed
Two thick slices of ginger, smashed
Two boneless chicken breasts
Garlic chives sliced on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
Dried shiitake mushrooms
Bean thread noodles
Cilantro to garnish
· Simmer stock with garlic and ginger and poach chicken until tender. Remove garlic and ginger. Remove chicken and shred. Set aside covered with a little broth so it doesn’t dry out.
· While chicken is cooking, soak shiitake mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes. Discard tough stems. Slice larger ones.
· Soak noodles in warm water for 15 minutes or until softened.
· Heat stock to medium high, add softened bean thread noodles and cook until they are translucent. Season with soy sauce and fish sauce to taste (about a tablespoon per quart). Add garlic chives and chicken. Simmer for a couple more minutes and season with salt and pepper.
· Serve and garnish with chopped cilantro.