Comfort food at its’ best! Seems like the perfect thing to whip up for game day! GO CARDS!!! I LOVE MY JOB!
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 lbs. Pork, cut small
- 2 lbs. Tomatillos, roasted and pureed
- 2 lbs. Poblano Peppers, roasted, cleaned, and diced
- 2 each Onions, medium, diced
- 4 each Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 qt Pork Stock or Water
- Shredded Cabbage, Oregano, Diced Onion, Radish (for garnish)
- In a large stockpot, over medium heat, add a small amount of vegetable oil. Add diced pork and season with a generous amount of kosher salt.
- When pork starts to become caramelized in color, add onions and continue to sauté. When onions and pork are caramelized, add garlic and roasted peppers; sauté for 1 minute. Add roasted tomatillos, season with salt and pepper and add stock or water. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Garnish with shredded cabbage, oregano, diced onion and radish.